Friday, August 23, 2013

Walk in the Light

I was looking for something in a box in the basement.  There are 3 lights across the length of the basement, the light above my box burned out.  As I dug through the box searching for what I needed, I muttered and grumbled because I couldn't see clearly.  If I could only see better - if I only had some more light!

Duh!!    The box maybe weighed 10 pounds - I was able to easily move it to beneath the working light and quickly find what I wanted.  That was so much easier!

How often do we struggle with a problem, or issue, or person - not knowing what to do or how to respond or how to heal a relationship?   Yet if we immediately took our problem to the Lord we would be 'enlightened.'

Walking as children of light doesn't just mean spreading the Gospel - I believe it also means to always seek the source of light.  If we do that then walking is so much easier - we won't trip and stumble as much.  His word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. (Psalm 119:105)

May you seek His light today!
Laura                                
Illustration Note:  This is a work in progress - a recreation of the one I lost yesterday when the computer ate it. It is all digital.  I'm trying a new technique with the software.  Turns out I like this 2nd version better than the first which is somewhere in cyberheaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment