Saturday, August 24, 2013

Enjoy All Things

Summer is beginning to fade and my first grandchild will be 5 soon.  This is her with our chocolate lab.  Best friends since she was a toddler.  

One thing for which I thank the Lord is that he has made me well aware of the preciousness of time.  It does march on without bias, but I so enjoy the moments, especially with my family.

God gave us all of his creation to enjoy.  All of it.   What we do to enjoy it is up to us.
The presence of a loved one can light up a cloudy day.   A child and a dog splashing in a wading pool can bring laughter.   Corn roasting on a grill and sharing it with family in a new home makes for sweet memories.  Even a cat curling up in your lap can lower your blood pressure.  The sounds of a rainy night and lightning flashes are summer at its best.  I hope you've had a wonderful summer.

Enjoy all things.  I heard or read a quote, "if you're happy with what you have you'll always be a happy person."  If you're happy with all the things God has given you, you'll always be a happy person.

Squeeze out a few more summer memories today.
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment