Friday, July 26, 2013

Be Thankful!




     "Never let someone else's joy ruin your grumpy day!!"  That's what I say... before I've had my coffee anyway.  But seriously...
      Joy and thankfulness are not  my first reaction in a difficult situation.  But that is what God wants.  ("Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say Rejoice." Philippians 4:4)  I don't think it is just to glorify Him...it is actually better for US.  It is healthier to our bodies and better for our pysche (both medically proven).  And it is certainly better for the people around us.
     A short story...my husband is a pastor.  There was a very stressful time in our church.  There was a vote being taken determining if we would stay or go.  While people were voting I had my head bowed in prayer.  I heard someone softly singing, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, there's just something about that name."  I started looking around and discovered it was my husband.   Thankfulness and joy in the midst of trials.
     When we dwell on the problem it weighs us down.  When we can be thankful in the Lord, despite the problem, we begin to rise above it.
     I pray you can be thankful today and find JOY.
     Laura

Illustration Note:  "Grumpy Kitty" was my first 'official' sale since starting this new career.  For that I am 'thankful.'  :)

1 comment:

  1. Facebook Comments:

    Kim DeMasellis Great devotion, keep them coming. Love the pic too.

    Mary Flynn Love this

    ynn Hummel Thank you God. Something just happened in my life that I was upset about. Wasn't a big deal but I have always dealt with things on my own and worried by myself. I was wondering if it is better this way. Laura from your devotion today God answered my question. Thank You

    Laura Miller Praise the Lord! Remember Matthew 11:28, come unto me all ye who labor and are heavy-laden and I will give you rest (peace). Thanks, Lynn - I needed to remember this verse too.

    ReplyDelete