Thursday, July 25, 2013

Getting Your Own Way!




     This was a fun picture to sketch and paint.   The little boy wants his blanket back - the puppy is up to mischief - and the poor cat is suffering the consequences of both actions.
     So often when people demand THEIR own way it is because it seems right to them.
Wanting our own way is instinctive. Our actions are governed by what is in our heart.  If God is not within, then our actions will be without God's love or guiding wisdom.
     Proverbs 28:14 states ". . . he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief."  And hardened hearts and mischief  will either hurt others or influence negatively.
     If we seem to be around people who demand their own way, always making known their opinions, then we know they need our prayers for God to be in their heart.  And frankly, prayers are better said than unkind words from my...er...uhm.... our mouths.  And for me, those prayers need to be said for my own heart first.
    And I just realized while writing this that oft times when I think I'm allowing someone to have their way (whether it's a bigger piece of pie, use their idea instead of mine) I also need to realize that it was not me that allowed it.   Rather it is God in my heart that overcame my flesh.  God is so good!
    May God be in your heart today!
    Laura

1 comment:

  1. Facebook Comment:

    Amy Blake: Laura - this turned out great! I remember when you were in the middle of working on it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete