Saturday, July 27, 2013

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep



My apologies for the late hour.  It's been a busy day, and I failed to put God first, today.  Since it is so late, I thought perhaps a night time thought would be appropriate.

Do you sometimes lay awake nights, worrying about things for which you have no control?  I'm guilty too.  God invites us to trust in him.  So why don't we?

Are we better able to cope with our problems?
Do we know more than God?
Are we able to rearrange the future?

If you were carrying 20 pounds of potatoes and someone offered to share the load, or better yet, drove up with a car and said, 'Get in, let me take you where you need to go,' would you accept the offer?

Then let God take your burden, worry, problem, heartache, or stress.  Trust him with it.  And don't ask for it back.  Matthew 11:22 says,  "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." 
Trust Him and sleep in peace.
Laura                                             Illustration Note:  This sketch was inspired by a poem written by my daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Facebook Comments:

    Gayle Wing O'Donnell: Lovely illustration, Laura!

    Yvonne Mckenney: you are really good at this.

    David Smith: YOU DEFINITLY HAVE A GIFT

    Laura Miller Awww....thanks, Uncle David and Aunt Yvonne! You guys can be Pres & Vice Pres of my fan club.

    ReplyDelete