Friday, September 27, 2013

Seasons

This is a time of change:  the trees are coming into color, the days are cooler, the nights crisper, the birds circling and arcing in the sky.    I also see a change coming to our lives.  Grandchildren are growing up and my parents are growing older.   It could be a time of melancholy....but it is part of God's purpose. 

 This new season brings some burdens with it for our family.  My mom has some health issues right now and I would ask you for prayers for her.   Whenever there is a burden to bear I look at two scriptures.  The first is the one above, "And he changeth the times and the seasons:  he removeth kings, and setteth up kings:  he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:  He revealeth the deep and secret things:  he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him."  (Daniel 2:21-22)

The second scripture I seek is, "For I am the Lord, I change not."  (Malachai 3:6)   God has promised to love us, to strengthen us and bear our burdens.  He will give us wisdom if we ask and the grace to go through.

Whatever difficulty we are passing through,  it is only for a season. Time continues on and circumstances will change but God is unchanging.  When I look at the colors that are beginning to fringe the trees I see another season beginning - another gateway I will pass through holding on to the hand of the one who is the same yesterday, today and forever.

May our unchanging God bless you today!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment