Thursday, September 26, 2013

Are You Fruitful?

Are you feeling fruitful in your daily life?

 I was feeling a little less than productive....and I was reminded of John 15:5, "I am the vine ye are the branches;  He that abideth in me, and I let him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:  for without me ye can do nothing."

When you want an apple (fruit) you have to go where the apples are.  The best apples are right off of the tree (vine). An apple from any different source is a little less fresh...

If we are trying to be fruitful on our own - we  cut ourselves off from the vine - the true source of nourishment and substance - which is Jesus.  Our fruit is going to be less juicy and tasty - even bland.  Apart from Him - we can do nothing of importance.  With Him, our purpose becomes fruitful.

Go to the orchard today and bring in a harvest.
Laura
Illustration Note:  This is my 5 yr old granddaughter who proudly showed me how she could climb a tree.   I had to capture it for my scrapbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment