Saturday, September 14, 2013

CRY!


I did this very rough sketch thinking of my oldest daughter.  I don't know how she does all she does.  I watched 1 grandchild today for 3 hours and I was exhausted.  Guess that's why we have children at a young age so we can keep up.

This week has been particularly rough for our daughter.  She had 3 sick children and just found out she won't have her regular part-time teaching job at the college (no students for her subject).  When she told me about not teaching this semester, she was already  assuring me that the budget would be a little tighter, but they would be just fine.

There are days like this for all of us!  When just One... More... Thing... is going to tip the cart, break the camel's back, or spill the milk.  In those times there is only one thing to do and that is cry out to the Lord.  That phrase is repeated so many times in scripture I don't have room to list them all here.

David says in the Psalms, "from the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I"  (Psalm 61:2).    When we put our trust in the Lord our burdens become lighter.  In Matthew 11:28 Jesus said, "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  "For my yoke is easy, and my burden light"(v. 30).

Did you get that? It is Jesus' job to bear the load, to take it on his shoulders.  He does not want us to worry or do His job. And when we give it to Him, that's when we get the wings of a dove to fly high and be free of the burden, whether it is job loss, indebtedness, relationships, or just plain frustration.   He'll find us a job, he'll change relationships, he'll free us from debt IF YOU LET HIM.

Cry out to the Lord today, he's waiting to hear from you.
Laura

  P.S.  Kasey has written 6 books, and is working on another, along with helping me finalize mine.  She's writes a regular blog ministering to moms, she does website design and is a virtual assistant.  She and her husband also have a Christian writing ministry together.  You can read more about all of this at her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment