Thursday, July 18, 2013

Being Kind is Not Easy



Knowing what is the right thing to do is usually easy.  Doing it  is not so easy.

I often struggle with my flesh.  My inner child whines, "but I don't want to."  Yet in the first verse of this chapter we are told to present our bodies as 'living' sacrifices (The problem with that is a living sacrifice can choose to run away).

But - we are assured in Romans 12 that if we transform and renew our minds (v. 2) and don't conform to the world's standards we can present what is good and acceptable and in the perfect will of God.   God understands that it is not easy to 'prefer others' before ourselves. (Just ask my inner child.) But God provides a way to do it if we are willing servants.  The way is so simple,  "Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."  (Galatians 5:16)
      Is there a time when someone showed a great kindness to you?  Share that blessing with us in the comments below.  
May you be blessed today!
     Laura


1 comment:

  1. FACEBOOK COMMENTS:

    Felicia Lilley: Amazing. Beautiful. I am so excited at this venture for you. Possible greeting cards !!

    Laura Miller: Thank you, Felicia. I had not thought about that.

    Felicia Lilley: well, good luck !!

    ReplyDelete