Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Walk Worthy

If someone followed your path would they know that you are a Christian?

In your home....
In your workplace...
In public....
In private...
In your relationships?

Do your reactions and interactions glorify the One who gave His life for you?

Would someone be drawn to Christ by your disposition?

Are your actions and characteristics those that honor the home the Lord has given you, the family He's entrusted to you, and the people in which He's placed you in contact?  Does your path take you alongside the Lord to grow in knowledge each day?

Please take no offense at any of these questions.  I asked these of myself today after reading Colossians 1:10 during my devotion time.  "That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God."   

Walking worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing....there's that little word again....all.      If all of my walk should be worthy 'of the Lord,' then there are areas that definitely need cleaning out and improvement.  (I'm glad you haven't seen my basement lately.) And since I've mentioned it...I'm glad you can't hear every thought in my head which could use some reining in. God has promised to help with that... "and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). 

Fruitful in every good work...is there time that I fritter away (I'm not speaking of relaxation-we do need that)...For a small example...every time I spend 1/2 an hour looking for something because I know I have that thing - and end up driving to the store to buy another--it's not expensive---but now I've wasted time AND money simply because I wasn't organized.  

God cannot entrust us with much...if we don't take care of a little.  He cannot fill us with spiritual knowledge if we clutter our minds with worldly thoughts and preoccupations. I have some cleaning out to do I know - so that my walk will be more worthy of the Lord and his presence.

A final question....When I walk by do I leave behind a sweet savor of the Lord's presence?
This devotion was for me today...I have  'cleaning' to do within me.  But if you want to help me start on the basement...Friday works for me.  :)

Walk worthy of the Lord today.
Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment