Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Is Everyday!

'In everything give thanks' 
(1 Thessalonians 5:18a)


When those little girls open their eyes what will they say to the little boy?  What would you?  'That's not fair?  I'm gonna' tell!'      Children always want things to be fair and even. As adults we know that doesn't always happen.  Events and circumstances change, sometimes for the worse.
I've been rereading some of the "Little House on the Prairie" books.  Ma Ingalls would always say, 'there is nothing so bad, that some small good can't come from it.'  The Ingalls lost their cash corn crop to huge flocks of blackbirds - but they ate tasty blackbird pie.

It's been in some of my life's most difficult situations that I have grown the most.  Have I always given God thanks for the trials?  To be honest - not until someone either reminds me or when it's the only remaining thing to do. And I'll admit, my giving thanks may only be half-hearted. But amazingly, it seems when I start thanking God even for the trials, or sorrow, or humbling of my heart,that God begins to change the circumstance and even my attitude about it.

Today, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, and I pray that your heart will give thanks in everything, and remember that the God of all will help you through the trials.

May God Bless you,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment